Old Town Jewelers is a family-owned, father and son-operated business. We moved around the corner from 190 W Main to 251 S Mill and have been serving the Lewisville and surrounding area as a full-service Jeweler providing in-house Jewelry Repair and Custom Jewelry services for over 20 years. We strive for excellence by providing exemplary customer service, Jewelry Repairs, and unique Custom Jewelry pieces.
At Old Town Jewelers we have a passion for doing excellent work and a tradition of keeping our customers happy. We stand behind all our work and guarantee its quality. When you drop off your Jewelry pieces to be repaired at Old Town Jewelers, you can expect them to be returned to you in a timely manner, skillfully repaired, and in their original beauty.
Jewelry Repairs at Old Town Jewelers are done by our Master Jeweler. With his practical knowledge and skills refined through decades of practice, you can count on his mastery to show through on all your Jewelry repair needs. From risky ring sizings like eternity bands, class rings, and invisible set pieces where special care needs to be taken, to revitalizing heirloom Jewelry pieces that have been literally run over, or done a few rounds in the disposal beneath the sink.
Jack is the Master Jeweler at Old Town Jewelers and has 40+ years of experience in the Jewelry industry. Jack started his apprenticeship in 1977 and has been working in the field, designing, creating, and repairing Jewelry ever since.
Anthony is Jack's son and has been working at Old Town Jewelers since 2015. He is a diamond setter, and a CAD/CAM Jewelry designer.
When you have a design in mind for a Custom Jewelry piece you'd like to have, Old Town Jewelers can help bring it to life and make it for you. We can make alterations to pieces you already wear, a Jewelry piece you find in our store, or we can start designing from scratch. We can build on your ideas through pictures, descriptions of what you want, and of course, your budget. With CAD/CAM technology, we can design your Custom Jewelry piece and show you a realistic computer-rendered image preview of what it will look like. Once the computer-rendered image of the design is to your liking, we will 3D print the model, let you try it on, and once you approve the fit, we will move forward with the rest of the process in creating your unique heirloom Jewelry piece.
When you choose Old Town Jewelers for your Jewelry Repair and Custom Jewelry needs, you're placing your business in good hands, letting 40+ years of experience dedicated to quality and customer satisfaction work for you.
Old Town Jewelers Jewelry Repair and Custom Jewelry services include, but are not limited to:
- If a ring is too big or too small on your finger we can make it fit by Cutting it down or shrinking it, and building it up or stretching it. Ring sizings include cleaning, checking tightening stones, and repolishing We size Gold, Platinum, and Silver rings. -For Rings that are difficult to pass through your knuckle yet still twirl around your finger, Soldering beads, or making a "U" inside of your ring is an option.
- When your ring shank gets too thin, it's more prone to twist bend, and break, therefore needing a new quarter, half, or full shank to be installed onto your ring. To do this we mill a strip of the same metal as your ring and then we weld it together. Re-shanking includes cleaning, checking tightening stones, and repolishing.
•Repairing Broken Ring Shanks
- When your ring breaks along the shank and needs to be welded back together, We fix it, depending on the type of stones set in it, we repair it by torch or by Laser Welder using the same Karat and color solder as the color of your ring. Repairing broken ring shanks includes cleaning, checking tightening stones, and repolishing.
•Repairing Broken Chains
- There are many styles of chains and we can repair all of them including hollow chains. We repair broken chains by using the same karat metal as the type of metal your chain is made of. -Regarding chains and necklace repair, we repair/replace jump rings, clasps, bails, and solder charms also.
•Eye Glass Frame Repair
- We repair broken Eyeglass frames with our Laser Welder.
- We can replace batteries, size watch bands and service Rolex watches.
- Over time the prongs holding the stones in place on your jewelry wear down and need to be re-tipped. They need to be re-tipped to make sure your stones stay secure and do not fall out. Re-tipping includes cleaning, checking tightening stones, and repolishing.
- Channel set Jewelry can have many different shapes of stones set into it. Over time the channel wears down and needs to be rebuilt to ensure your stones stay in place. Channel repair includes cleaning, checking tightening stones, and repolishing.
•Earring repair and Alterations
- Earring repair and Alterations can include new posts, earring backs, and/or earring post conversions. For example, we can replace your earring posts and backs if you prefer screw-on backs instead of friction posts, and vice versa.
•Diamond Setting, Remounting, Stone Replacement
- When it comes to stone shapes, there's round, cabochon and the rest of the shapes like oval, princess, pear, etc are called "fancy". Setting styles include channel, pavé, flush, prong, etc. At Old Town Jewelers we can set round, cabochon, and fancy-shaped stones. We also set in every style of setting. - Remounting can include re-setting your center stone into a new setting, adding new stones to an existing piece of jewelry, maybe you'd like to remove stones from an old piece of Jewelry and put it in a new one, the list goes on and on and it can all be done at Old Town Jewelers.
•Bracelet Repair and safety chains
- Broken bracelets can be soldered together, shortened, lengthened, and re-hinged. Also, we can adjust the clasp or replace it altogether if need be. - Safety chains can be added to bracelets for extra security and peace of mind.
- Whether it's a broken strand of pearls or beads we can restring them on different types of wire according to your preference. We can also change out a broken clasp.
- For insurance purposes or just wanting to know what your Jewelry is worth we can make you a written appraisal.
- If your Jewelry looks old and worn we can revitalize it for you. It can be a simple re-rounding with a high-polish and Rhodium (re-dipping) to a complete overhaul of your Jewelry piece.
- When you decide you want a unique Jewelry piece for yourself, as a gift or to propose, we got you covered. Just walk in anytime during business hours and we can discuss your options in detail, from design ideas to types of stones and metal you want to use, and a quote of what it will cost. - As soon as we figure out the design you're looking for and the deposit is settled the custom designing process begins. - Once we have a preliminary design we will email you a realistic computer rendering of what your Jewelry piece will look like. Here you can approve or make edits. After approval, we will 3D print a wax model so you can try it on and get a feel for the dimensions of the ring. If you want to make edits, it's not too late, we can still go back and alter the design. After approval of the wax model, we will cast it in the precious metal of your choice. Then we will set the stones, polish it up, and Voilà, your beautiful heirloom quality Jewelry piece is ready to go.
• Invisible Setting Specialized Jewelry Repair:
- Invisible settings showcase rows of stones without any metal interrupting the pattern. Rows of princess cut and/or baguette diamonds and/or colored gems rest perfectly flush against one another within a metal border or frame, with no metal separating them.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
251 S Mill Street, #160
Lewisville, TX 75057
Lewisville, TX, and Surrounding Areas